Sunday, June 16, 2002

Something to think about


Should a slave always obey a dominant's orders despite the fact that in obeying them the slave feels there is a potential for physical and/or mental harm?

I believe that a slave should absolutely trust his or her Master. That trust should extend to knowing if the Master would harm them intentionally. At the same time, I know we each have momentary lapses in judgement. And sometimes we simply do know ourselves better than anyone else can. In those cases, I believe the relationship, even if it is Master and slave, should be strong enough for the slave to discuss the requested action or activity with the Master before performing it.

For example...My Sir would prefer that I shave. However, from past experience I know that if I shave I am likely to give myself a whole new batch of scars. When he brought it up, we discussed it and it was decided that I would trim as closely as possible instead of shaving (the scars have nothing to do with carelessness and practice wouldn't have made it better). As my Sir, he could have simply ordered me to shave. Instead, we discussed it, found out it what we both prefered but that it was not feasible and came to a compromise. This is the sign of a good relationship...the ability to compromise when one wants something the other is unable to do...And this is especially important when one of the people in the relationship technically has the "right" to order the other to do something.

Just my thoughts :).

No comments:

Post a Comment