Wednesday, June 26, 2002

Disturbing dream


I just woke up from a dream that left me shaking.

I was helping JD with his daughter...getting information on how to appeal her absences and things like that (a real life situation). As I was leaving the school, I received a phone call. It was a woman who identified herself as Gladys or Glenys...my dream brain identified her as JD's ex-mother-in-law. She called me horrible names and threatened to tell people nasty things about me if I didn't get over to JD's ex-wife's house. She was doing this because she knew how angry JD would be to find me there.

I went in order to placate the woman. She met me there...verbally abused me some more...and went somewhere else in the house when JD arrived with his daughter. The daughter was okay with me being there. I begged JD not to be angry until he could hear the explanation of why I was there. He agreed and I made dinner for the two of them.

Later, he put his daughter to bed and I told him why I was there. He was angry with the ex-mother-in-law and went looking for her. We ended up outside with a bunch of biker types who accepted me with no qualms and ostracized the ex-mother-in-law.

I don't know for certain why this dream is bothering me so much. I don't even know if Gladys or Glenys is the woman's name...I'm sure I heard the name at least once but I don't know for sure. I just know that I feel uncomfortable about it and I woke up shaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment