Monday, June 17, 2002

Integrating idea

This is something I posted to power_exchange in response to a question from redwitch.

redwitch's question dealt tangentially with the idea of whether or not toys and implements were an integral part of a D/s relationship and it got me thinking. This is what I posted:

I seem to remember seeing somewhere in your profile that you are Pagan, right? It's always been a firm belief of mine that while the ritual doo dads and stuff are really nice to have, they are never necessary. It is the intent that makes the magick. I believe the same can be said of D/s relationships. The toys are nice, but it is actually the relationship that makes the difference in whether or not your submission to him or his Dominance over you is successful.
End Copied Post

Do I love the toys and fun things that are a part of many D/s scenes? You bet! I love them so much that I make my own. But are they really necessary? Would I still submit to JD without them? Absolutely. I do so on a regular basis actually.
In fact, I think the toys can be a distraction or "instead of" sometimes. For example, my husband can try out the floggers I make on me, but I cannot submit to him. In that case, the toys are "instead of" submission.

No comments:

Post a Comment