Wednesday, June 12, 2002


Can the word "Love" be used in a D/s relationship and if so, how does a slave show the Master/Mistress they love them?

Update [06/16/2002 17:41]:

I think that the word "love" has far too many overtones and undertones in our world. I know that personally I am terrified of using the word because every individual has a different viewpoint on its meaning. It's a loaded word.

Do I love my Sir? Yes, I probably do. Do I care about him, his health and well-being? Absolutely and without equivocation. Is what I feel for him love? Maybe.

The only word in the BDSM lexicon I find to be more loaded than "love" is "Master." I call my Dominant Sir because to me, Master entails a connection I do not yet have with my Dominant. I am not collared to him. I do not live in a 24/7 with him. I am his submissive and he is my Sir. Should things change in the future, my form of address to my Sir will likely change as well.

I know I got off topic with this, but oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment