Tuesday, August 27, 2002

Tuesday Afternoon Thoughts


It was incredibly good to hear from you today. Just seeing you name on my caller id made me smile. Hearing your voice was wonderful and it helped to lay to rest the doubts I was already coming to terms with today.

You saw what I posted this morning so you know I was already doing better. There were still the little fears, hoping you were okay, praying nothing dratic had happened. My heart leapt when I heard a soldier had died on Fort Bragg...

Like I said sometime earlier in the week, I don't want or need details...knowing you will be home on Thursday is enough to set my heart and mind at ease.

I will make certain that other than my class from 5-7:30 my schedule will be open on Thursday. Do you want me to check with R about spending the night? He would want to know in advance for something like that.

I'm half nervous about reading your comments in my journal when I get home. I know some of the entries from the past week have been defeatist and depressing. I hope I was clear that it is my own make up that leaves me feeling this way rather than anything you might do or say.

I hope all is well with you and your family. R said something about a nephew? Family can be a wonderful thing. I have three stepsisters, a natural sister (who I just found thirteen months ago) and among them and my sister-in-law there are 5 nieces and 4 nephews. We dont see much of any of them. In fact I've never met my step-sister's kids.

Class is ready to start. I'll read your email and comments when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment