Tuesday, September 10, 2002

Tuesday Morning

Sep. 10th, 2002 at 9:15 AM

Well, the "Remember 9/11" posts are flooding my inbox. As though I could forget.

Every day I think about us being at war, how it is strange to know that former students are in Afghanistan, and how terrified I am of you being deployed.

I know I said there was something about your deployment status I needed to talk to you about, it is only this. If and when that time comes (and realistically I know it will), I would ask that you please give my name and contact information to someone who is on your "official" notification list (ie, your family) so that God forbid something should happen to you, I would know. You could give them "our" name (both R and me) so it wouldn't seem as strange. I just don't want to hear your name on the radio in Fayetteville. I hope you can understand why I would ask something like this. You are a part of my life, my friend (with benefits :D ) and I care about you.
Leave a commentEdit EntryEdit TagsAdd to MemoriesTrack ThisLink
Sep. 10th, 2002

9:40 PM

The closer we get to the anniversary, the harder my heart seems to become. I'm avoiding the television, avoiding the discussions. I don't want to talk about the war.

I will NEVER forget. I have always supported the military and our war against those who would harm us. I just cannot watch the memorials, cannot see those towers struck by planes and fall in a cloud of dust and flame.

I know you are feeling down. One thing I know I will do tomorrow is to tell those I care about how much they mean to me. That includes you. You blew into my life, filled a space in my life that was aching for someone like you, and I want you to know that your friendship is very important to me. You talk to me, don't treat me like an idiot. That's important.

Sleep well tonight. Know that all you ever need do is call me and I will be there for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment