Sunday, February 20, 2011

What was the first contact you had with the concept of consensual slavery?

Activities from Jack Rinella's book, Becoming a Slave
What was the first contact you had with the concept of consensual slavery?

I don't know how to answer this question because for the last ten years, service and servitude have been a part of my everyday life. Even before then, I was interested in the concepts of both consensual and nonconsensual servitude. I tied up my barbies. I read novels about kidnapped maidens. I watched movies in which the heroine was always forced to serve the villain until the hero rescued her.

Over the years I have learned a more realistic and livable concept of consensual servitude. I have happily lived it for brief times and seek it out as a permanent way of life for myself.

When I serve, when I am useful to an owner, I am whole. I see myself separate from parts of the whole me when I am not in service. There is a big part of who I am which seeks to be of use. It isn't sexual, it is spiritual and soul-baring.

I am re-reading this book as a way to refine and possibly redefine consensual servitude and how I can once again engage in it as a way of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment