Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Dream of Service

I dreamed I was in service to a large hospitality organization. It was my job to see to the comfort of the guests and to manage the other employees. I worked very hard to do all of these things and I talked to others who didn't understand what I did or who I was.
As I took care of someone's needs, another free server asked me about why another servant would wish to serve. This person felt the other servant was weak for wanting to be in service. I quickly set them straight.
"A man who sees others in the position he wishes to be in day in and day out is not weak. Instead he is the strongest of us all. He sees his own dream fulfilled for others each day and yet each day he serves to the best of his ability and without complaint or jealousy. He may never get his heart's desire, but his service is not one whit less than his best while he awaits his dream."
The free server still didn't understand, but I do. I know this was my subconscious telling my conscious self how to survive outside of a service relationship. I must still be my best. I must still serve where I can and to the best of my ability. I must not give up hope for the right position to come along. I must remain strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment