Friday, January 6, 2006


 Thoughts on regret

"Never regret. If it’s good, it’s wonderful. If it’s bad, it’s experience.”

~Victoria Holt

What a wonderful way to look at your life. I've always said that while I may not have always been happy, I don't regret the choices I've made because they have brought me to where I am today.

If I hadn't married a man I didn't love, I wouldn't have moved to where I was able to go back to school. If I hadn't left my family behind and moved four states away, I wouldn't have found the career I love. If I hadn't decided to let go of a marriage that wasn't working, I wouldn't have found the financial and emotional security I have today.

Have I ever said I regretted something? Of course. But the truth of the matter is that I make choices in my life and expect to suffer the consequences of those choices. Knowing I will have to face the truth in the end makes it harder to truly regret anything and easier to accept the experiences my choices have brought me.

No comments:

Post a Comment