Saturday, June 17, 2006

Just when you think you're ok...

Jun. 17th, 2006 at 12:20 AM

ya have a crying jag for no apparent reason.

I was having a really good day. The beach was nice. The friends were great. The voicemail from J was kinda sweet. All good things.

Then I get home, get some odd vibes and feel like crying for no particularly good reason. Then after jerking me out of a sound sleep, I'm trying to get the darn cable box remote to work and getting frustrated and I get sent to bed. I had absolutely no idea what I'd done wrong other than argue with the one remote in the house that refuses to work right regardless of what I do to it.

For some reason, J thought I was acting "put out" about trying to bring up an on-demand movie.

Now I still feel weepy and really don't know why. I know part of it is sheer exhaustion. Part of it is utter frustration. I left a list of things that needed to be done with the leather work because I can't do them and I can't do anything else with the leather stuff until they're done. NONE of them got done today. I was gone (for the first time since I met J really, I left for a day with my friends) from 7:30 am to about 7 pm. Everything is still in the box in the living room and as far as I can tell he may have punched maybe 5 holes in ONE of the handle covers.

I really do work my tail off on a regular basis. Yesterday he tells me he wants a wholesale catalog right away. Then he wants a whole separate wholesale shopping cart because it would simply be too easy for the wholesale prices to be a set percentage of retail so I could have only one cart with wholesale customers who get that discount automatically. Every time I mention how much more work his idea is, I get the big sigh, the closed eyes and the evil glare that says "do it my way anyway." Fine, but then don't expect a miracle and that I'll have all that sort of stuff AND the leather work AND the North Carolina Edge website done in a 24 hour period.

I know I'm just bitching right now. I've been exhausted since SELF and have not yet recovered. He keeps springing new plans on me with no warning (like now I find out at midnight that his children are coming over tomorrow...the house is a wreck...the garbage he promised to take out is still sitting next to the front door) and wondering why I'm completely off balance, weepy and frustrated.
2 commentsLeave a commentEdit EntryEdit TagsAdd to MemoriesTrack ThisLink
I have presents for folks!

Jun. 17th, 2006 at 12:21 PM

At the beach yesterday, I bought presents for:
victoriakg
lthrlibrarian
kathryntact
and
mr_baskerville

Now I just need those folks to let me know how to get the gifts to them...especially mr_baskerville since the gift is a birthday present :).
0 comments w/ ScreenedLeave a commentEdit EntryEdit TagsAdd to MemoriesTrack ThisLink
Well, It's official...

Jun. 17th, 2006 at 1:18 PM

The pill box that I had on Friday night in the hotel room and could not find Saturday morning DID simply disappear. I have finally unpacked all the suitcases and put the clothes away. The pill box was NOT in any of the luggage.

*sigh* I'd really love to know how a box I had on Friday (I know I did because I gave J pills out of it) walked away between 2 am and 7 am. I'm 90% convinced the ditz either deliberately or accidentally absconded with it. K and I tore the room apart...the only luggage I didn't dump out in the room was the ditz's.

Ultimately all I lost was 4 days worth of anti-inflamatory and about 15 pain pills...suffered the entire weekend because I didn't have those and am still recovering with painful hands because the anti-inflamatory is a cummulative effect.

GRRRR....at least I know I'm not nutso and the darn box wasn't just hiding in the bottom of a suitcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment