Saturday, June 3, 2006

Gotta Love Epiphanies!

Jun. 3rd, 2006 at 8:48 PM

It's interesting how often seeing something from another's point of view can clarify something in your own thought process.

I adore throwing whips. I don't throw them at people or targets, but the act of moving the muscles to build the energy to generate the crack is something that is so wonderful I have trouble expressing it. Because I know I will likely never use a whip the way they are often used in the lifestyle, I get self-conscious about throwing them. Why should I 'waste time" working with something that I won't use as it was intended...that's what I often think when I pick up a whip and work with it.

But reading something in another journal made me realize something. Throwing a whip is manipulaing energy...something I have done actively since I was 8 years old. While I'm not big on the combination of BDSM and Spirituality, the manipulation of energy to create situations in which what one wills is done is something I do understand very well. The whip itself isn't necessarily something spiritual to me, but the movement, the generation of and the focus of energy definitely is spiritual.

Now I can look at a whip and realize that there IS a purpose to my throwing it, even if it isn't necessarily the one those around me see. It is proof to my soul that the energy it thrives on is found in even the strangest places and that the manipulation of that energy to create my desired outcome (even as simple as a crack using my left hand) is an exercise in feeding my soul.

Thank you Ma'am...without even knowing, you really have helped me.

No comments:

Post a Comment