Wednesday, July 26, 2006

11:36 AM

Just my pals:
Robert Frost
Posted in [info]qotdrss on 2006.07.26 at 12:50

http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Robert_Frost
"The world is full of willing people, some willing to work, the rest willing to let them."

How appropriate! I was just thinking something along these lines today as the following situation unfolded:

Person 1: I miss you and you never spend time with me.
Person 2: I have a lot of work that has to be done on a deadline. I will have to keep things brief and would be better if not until after deadline.
Person 1: Cry, wheedle, whine
Person 2: Fine, I'll drop everything and drive 3 hours to see you despite my work and the deadline.

Person 1 feels no guilt because of course person 3 is at home and will of course make certain said deadline is met. Person 1 would never consider putting their happy ass in a car and driving to Person 2 to help because well, Person 1 knows Person 2 has absolutely no expectations of them and therefore never has to actually work.

End catty, bitchy thought of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment