Tuesday, July 25, 2006


Well, I had a wonderful time at the M/s conference. I finally got to meet someone a friend has been telling me stories about for years and he was just as wonderful as said friend told me he would be! Woof!

I have to admit the weekend was a little strange. Wandering around without a lot of rush and responsibility was odd. Several times my heart kinda stopped as I suddenly wondered where I was supposed to be and where J was...then I remembered...no responsiiblities...no Sir to look after...free to wander without a schedule...so I'd go and make sure Miss V was drinking water and had eaten something more substantial than a cup of coffee LOL.

I schmoozed and met lots of really nice folks. Some poor vanilla old lady in the bar (I was waiting for Miss V's lunch to be ready) wanted to take a picture of my bag which said "Ask me about $80 whips! TheWhipChick.com" I thought it was cute so of course I said "Sure, feel free" and she did...with her little kodak disposable LOL. I wasn't purposely scaring the 'nillas! Honest!

As usual neither Master Scott nor slavette would deign to acknowledge that they've ever met me before...for crying out loud, I've made sure to say hello at every event I see them at. I've been in their home. I contributed items to their title year travel fund fundraisers. But they don't know me and barely deign to nod regally in my direction when I say hello.

The Crucible was interesting. There were fewer people there than I had expected there to be. But it was interesting to watch what was going on and chat with people and throw whips in a space that large. I did sell one whip while I was there...in between teaching folks to throw and dodging the strange little man who took it upon himself to follow us around and tell us the history of the DC scene :).

In all, I got a chance to relax. I got to hang out with a good friend. I got to see Miss V in all her glory with her library (to which I will be making art contributions). I got to meet new folks, see folks I know, and have fun. It was a good weekend all around.

No I just need to get ready for Ms/Mr World....sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment