Tuesday, December 3, 2013

December 03, 2013 at 10:43AM

via Facebook For all of you who go out in public and then blame "management" for everything that is wrong with the place you go to, let me please explain a couple of things to you: 1. The managers and staff can NOT control how our filthy patrons behave in the restroom. If there is shit smeared on a toilet or paper towels on the floor, I can assure you that it was neither the management nor the staff who did it. And I can assure you that when there are 400 guests in the building at the moment you notice something like that, we won't know about it unless you tell us. Telling our corporate office four days after the event does neither of us any good. 2. If the building is run down, do NOT blame the local management team if the building is part of a chain. You can bet the manager on site is more angry about the condition of the building than you are, especially after having to constantly fight with the "upper management" to get things fixed only to be told no. 3. If the location is out of something, your "Well, you should run this place better! How dare you be out of anything *I* want today," is not only counterproductive and insulting, it might be that last straw that tips someone into walking out the door. Remember that the last thing any manager or staff member wants to do is irritate you because we don't want to hear you complain that we aren't doing our jobs when in fact we cannot control most of what you blame on us. If we are out of something, we didn't run out just to piss you off. Consider for a moment the possibility that the universe does not revolve around you and many times things such as ordering and receiving ordered stock are COMPLETELY out of the control of the local management team. Having worked in customer service for more years than I care to remember, I can tell you that I can be a customer service representative's worst nightmare if the service I receive from someone is poor by their choice and they have the personal ability to control it. However, I only address with the person those issues I know are within their purview. I'm not going to blame the wait staff if my food isn't cooked right. I'm not going to blame the chef if they've run out of what I wanted to order. I'm not going to blame the manager if some filthy pig of a patron shat on the floor of the ladies room, though I will bring it to the attention of the manager so it can be cleaned. And if I happen to arrive for something only to find out that the time I though it was to begin is not the time it actually begins, I will assume that *I* made the mistake. I certainly will not accuse the person selling me a ticket of "changing the times because I know what I saw on your website and I'm never wrong." /rant

No comments:

Post a Comment