Sunday, November 10, 2013

November 10, 2013 at 12:13PM

via Facebook I know folks might have been noticing I haven't been around in the community lately. I know I've disappointed some people and for that I apologize. I've had to think seriously about cutting certain things from my life to make room for those things that are more important to my heart and soul. Writing is what I want and need to do. Until I can do so and support myself, I have to keep working a "straight" job which many of you know is a soul-sucking hell from which I am trying to extricate myself. Writing is more important to me than the politics and whatnot of what the community has become in the last several years. I'm not saying it is more important than the people I know and love, only that it is more important than the schmoozing that seems necessary to be in public at events. I'm still around. I know I won't be able to completely leave that part of myself behind. But I am not going to be attending events for a while. Maybe when my life settles down and I'm feeling better, I'll journey back out, but until then, I don't expect to spend a lot of time here or on the "other site" in general. I want more from my life and I feel like some of these things are part of what is holding me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment