Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thoughts on Owning Strength

I wrote this last year on Fet and don't want to lose it.


What value is there in controlling the weak? Is not the control of the strong much more satisfying?
This thought came to me after a submissive contacted me via cm and said how nice it was to see another who believed in the strength of those who submit.
Now I could definitely argue that I do not submit, I surrender. There is a significant difference between the two terms. To submit is to "give over or yield to the power or authority of another." To surrender is "to yield to the possession or power of another." The two terms may seem close in definition, but there are several key differences.
As defined above, you can see that surrender includes the concept of ownership while submit does not. Additionally, surrender does not absolve one of inherent authority, while submit does. Both require to giving of power to another, but to me, there is a more considered and conscious decision in surrender than found in submission.
When I am in service, I have chosen to surrender my power to the possession of the owner. It is a conscious and thoughtful decision on my part because I am, at my core, a powerful, intelligent, thoughtful woman and a control freak. Ruthless obedience allows me to find safety and comfort in my surrender, but neither obedience nor surrender absolve me of my responsibility as a thinking adult.
Circling back to the original thought, would not an owner be more fulfilled by owning property which has surrendered to his ownership and power while retaining their authority in the larger world? Would it not be more fulfilling knowing that the powerful person in service to an owner could say no but has made the decision to say yes? Is it not more fulfilling to an owner to be served by someone who serves through making decisions rather than failing to do so? Should I not, as a servant, seek to serve an owner who seeks the more difficult path of ownership of a strong servant over that of a weak one?
Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment